Main Article Content
Our country is witnessing unusual situations in the security and political aspects that directly affect the various aspects of the student's daily life, which may have severe consequences for the student and society. This is evident through the use of students and youth in the secondary stage to go online and watch movies. The aim of the study was to find out the extent to which students were affected by watching films in their academic achievement and their delay. The study sample consisted of (60) students from the secondary stage who use the Internet and watching movies. The addiction test was used to watch movies and the achievement test as a tool for research procedures, while the T-test and the Pearson correlation coefficient were used as statistical means to reach the results of the research. The study found that movie viewers Their grades were lower than that of other colleagues, that academic specializations were less affected by use, and that increasing the number of hours of viewing had a clear negative impact on students.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
College of Education for Humanities, TIKRIT UNIVERSITY. THIS IS AN OPEN ACCESS ARTICLE UNDER THE CC BY LICENSE http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
- Arnout, Bushra Ismail (2008 AD) Internet addiction and its relationship to both personality dimensions and psychological disorders among adolescents - Journal of the Faculty of Education - Zagazig University - Egypt.
- Barakat, Muhammad Khalifa (1979 AD) Educational Psychology Volume 1 Edition 3 - The Egyptian Renaissance House, Cairo.
- Al-Rabee, Faisal and others (2013 AD) Academic procrastination and its relationship to thinking styles among university students in Jordan - Al-Manar Magazine - Volume (20) Issue 1/B
- Zahran, Hamed Abdel-Salam, and others (1978) Scholastic backwardness in the primary stage - College of Education - Psychological Research Center - Makkah Al-Mukarramah 0
- Suleiman, Ali Dawood and Obaid, Salem Hamid (2019 AD) Addiction to social media and its relationship to academic procrastination among secondary school students - Journal of Educational Studies - Issue (46) April (2019 AD).
- Al-Homsi, Rola (2010) Internet addiction among young people and its relationship to social communication skills - a field study on a sample of Damascus University students - a research presented to the Twelfth Creative Student Forum Conference - Assiut University - Egypt.
- Al-Humaidat, Rawda Suleiman (2007) Constructing and Standardizing the Measure of Communication Skills for Jordanian University Students - Unpublished Master's Thesis - Mutah University - Jordan.
- Al-Hila, Muhammad (2000 AD) The impact of home use of the Internet on the academic achievement of its users - The Arab Journal for Education / The Arab Organization for Education, Culture and Science, Issue 20, Volume 2.
- Al-Hantushi, Mashhour Nasser (2010 AD) Internet addiction among secondary school students in the city of Riyadh - the extent of its spread - its determinants - and its relationship to subscription - an unpublished master's thesis - the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties - the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Al-Jarjawi, Ziyad Bin Ali (2002 AD) Academic delay and the role of education in its diagnosis and treatment.
- Kamel, Salma Hussein (2016 AD) Internet addiction and its relationship to motivation towards academic achievement among Diyala University students - Al-Fath Magazine - Sixty-eighth Issue - December -2016 AD.
- Al-Tarawneh, Nayef Salem and Al-Fanekh, Lamia Suleiman (2012 AD) Internet use and its relationship to academic achievement, social adjustment, depression and communication skills among students (Qassim University) Journal of the Islamic University for Educational and Psychological Studies / Volume Twenty - Number One -
- Moselhy, Abdel-Rahman, and Al-Hussein, Nadia (2004 AD) Academic procrastination among university students and its relationship to some psychological variables - Journal of the College of Education - Al-Azhar University - Issue / 126 - Cairo - Egypt
- Muajil, Siham Mutashar, and Prism, Ali Abdul-Hussein (2016 AD) Internet addiction and its relationship to some variables among university students - Maysan Research Journal, Issue (24), Volume (12).Burt Cyril, the back word child, university of London press
- Chaplin ,J.F.(1968) ,Dictionary of psychology , new York. Dell
,p.16, chin m(1981) Impact of parental attitudes on
adjustment of elementary school children. Into psycho-Abs.
- Davis, R. E. (1999). A cognitive Behavioral Model of Pathological Internet Use (PIU), Computers in human behavior, 17(2), Online Available: www.Victoriopoint.com/addiction.htm
- Derevensky, Jeffery, Hart, Sybil (1983) An examination of achievement related behavior of high and low-achieving integrity, psychological abstracts, vol. 70, No.6, November.
- Duff, W.(1995) A study to test the effectiveness of an intervention program designed to reduce grade retention and social program in an urban elementary school. urban Education. Vol(13), No(2), 150-161.
- Egger O. & Rauterberg M.(1996) : Internet behavior and
addiction . Zurich : Swiss, Federal institute of technology.
- Enrique Echeburu´a (2013): Overuse of Social Networking,
Principles of Addiction, Vol: 1, PP911- 920..
- Weiner ,B .(1979).A Theory of motivation for classroom
experiences journal of Educational psychology
,22 -Young, K. & Rogers, (1998): Internet addiction the
emergence of anew disorder. Cyber psychology &
behavior, Vol. 1, No. 3, PP. 237-244.