Main Article Content
The aim of the research is to know the effect of the (KUD) strategy on the achievement of second-grade intermediate students in mathematics. In order to achieve the results of this research, the following hypothesis was developed.
There is no statistically significant difference at the level (0.05) between the average scores of the experimental group students who studied according to the KUD Strategy and the average scores of the control group students who studied according to the traditional method.
The sample of the research, which was chosen in a phased random manner, included two study divisions from Al-Aqeedah Secondary School for Girls in the General Directorate of Education in Salah al-Din, the first representing the experimental group, numbering (25) students, and the second representing the control group, whose members numbered (25) students after excluding the students who had failed. Then, the equivalent between them is in the variables (age, intelligence, parents' achievement).
The researcher prepared the teaching plans for the content of the subject and achievement test by following the steps of preparing the tests represented in defining the study material, the behavioral objectives and the test map, and extracting honesty, difficulty, discrimination, the effectiveness of alternatives, and stability for it. Accordingly, the test consisted of (40) paragraphs in its final form.
To analyze the data statistically, several methods were used, including the t-test for two independent samples, the Mann Whitney test and the effect size equation.
The study concluded that there is a statistically significant difference in achievement between the experimental group, the control group and in favor of the experimental group" In light of the research results, the researcher recommended a number of recommendations and suggestions.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
College of Education for Humanities, TIKRIT UNIVERSITY. THIS IS AN OPEN ACCESS ARTICLE UNDER THE CC BY LICENSE http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
- Al-Tamimi, Asmaa Fawzi Hassan (2012): “Mental description and its relationship to mathematical puzzles”, Educational Studies, Ministry of Education, Vol. (5), No. (18).
- Abu Asaad, Salah Abdel Latif (2010): Methods of Teaching Mathematics, 1st Edition, Dar Al-Shorouk for Publishing and Distribution, Ramallah, Palestine.
- Abu Jadu, Saleh Muhammad (2009): Educational Psychology, 7th edition, Dar Al Masirah for Publishing and Distribution, Amman.
- Abu Dekka, Muhammad Sadij Muhammad (2018): Differentiated Education, 1st Edition, Nour Al-Hassan Office, Baghdad.
- Abu Allam, Raja Mahmoud (2006): Research Methods in Educational and Psychological Sciences, 5th Edition, Universities Publishing House, Egypt.
- Abu Amira, Mohabbat (1998): Mathematics education between theory and practice, College of Girls, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Dar Al Arabiya Book Library.
- Al-Bayati, Zina Faris Fadel (2015): Strategic reading and its relationship to achievement in chemistry among fifth-grade students, unpublished master’s thesis, College of Education for Pure Sciences, Ibn Al-Haytham, University of Baghdad.
- Tomlinson, Carol Ann (2005): The differentiated classroom - responding to the needs of all students in the classroom - translation of Dhahran National Schools, 1st Edition, Dar Al-Kitab Al-Tabeeb, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Hassan, Barakat Hamza (2008): Principles of Psychometrics, 1st Edition, International House for Publishing and Distribution, Cairo.
- Hamdan, Salah El-Din Hassan (2018): Modern Teaching Strategies, Dar Al-Masira for Publishing, Distribution and Printing, 1st Edition, Amman, Jordan.
- Al-Hilah, Muhammad Mahmoud (2017): Teaching Methods and Strategies, 7th Edition, University Book House, United Arab Emirates.Khataiba, Abdullah (2008 AD): Teaching Science for All, 2nd Edition, Dar Al Masirah for Publishing and Distribution, Amman.
- Al-Khawaldeh, Muhammad Mahmoud (2013): Philosophies of Traditional, Modern and Contemporary Education, 1st Edition, Dar Al Masirah for Publishing, Distribution and Printing, Amman, Jordan.
- Al-Dulaimi, Omar Jassim Muhammad (2011): The effect of the constructivist learning model on the acquisition of chemical concepts among second-grade intermediate students and their scientific trends, Master’s thesis, Al-Mustansiriya University, Baghdad.
- Al-Rubaie, Hala Issam Muhammad (2015): The effect of (KUD) strategy and presentations in acquiring scientific concepts for fourth-grade students in science, unpublished master’s thesis, College of Education for Human Sciences_Ibn Al-Rushd, Baghdad.
- Al-Zuhairi, Haider Abdel-Karim (2018): Modern trends in mathematics education, 1st floor, Dar Al-Asaar Al-Alami for Publishing and Distribution, Amman, Jordan.
- Zeitoun, Hassan Hussein and Kamal Abdel Hamid Zeitoun (2003): Learning and Teaching from a Constructivist Perspective, 1st Edition, World of Books, Cairo.
- Al-Saadi, Zainab Glob Qasim (2015): The effect of Thelin model in the achievement of chemistry and social intelligence among second-grade intermediate students, unpublished master's thesis, University of Baghdad - College of Education Ibn Al-Haytham, Baghdad.
- Al-Samarrai, Qusai Muhammad and Raed Idris Al-Khafaji (2014): Modern Trends in Teaching Methods, 1st Edition, Jordan, Dijla House for Publishing and Distribution.
- Shehata, Hassan, Zainab Al-Najjar (2003): A Dictionary of Educational and Psychological Terms, 1st Edition, The Egyptian Lebanese House, Cairo.
- Shawaheen, Khair Suleiman (2014): Differential Education and Curriculum Design, 1st Edition, The Modern World of Books, Irbid, Jordan.
- Abbas, Muhammad Khalil et al. (2014): An Introduction to Research Methods in Education and Psychology, 5th Edition, Dar Al-Maysara, Amman.
- Abdel Bari, Maher Shaaban (2010): Strategies for reading comprehension, 1st floor, Dar Al Masirah for Publishing and Distribution, Amman, Jordan.
- Obeidat, Thouqan and Suhaila Abu Al-Sameed (2011): Teaching Strategies in the Twenty-First Century, 2nd Edition, Dar Al-Fikr for Publishing and Distribution, Amman, Jordan.
- Attia, Mohsen Ali (2009): Scientific Research in Education, 1st Edition, Dar Al-Manaraj for Publishing and Distribution, Amman, Jordan.
- Allam, Salah El-Din Mahmoud (1989): "Designing and Experimenting a Systematic Educational Model for Psychological Statistics Competencies Using the Reference Verbal Assessment Approach", Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. (7) No. (3), Al-Azhar University, Egypt.
- Odeh, Ahmed (2002): Measurement and Evaluation in the Educational Process, 5th Edition, Dar Al-Amal for Publishing and Distribution, Amman.
- Qatami, Youssef (2013): Cognitive Learning and Teaching Strategies, 1st Edition, Dar Al Masirah for Publishing and Distribution, Amman, Jordan.
- Kazem, Ali Mahdi (2001): Measurement and Evaluation in Learning and Teaching, 1st Edition, Dar Al Kindi for Publishing and Distribution, Amman.
- Al-Kanaani, Abdul-Wahed Mahmoud Muhammad, Suhad Abdul-Amir Abouda Ali Al-Mulla (2017): Interactive Teaching Strategies and Methods, Baghdad, Iraqi Documents and Books House.
- Kojak, et al. (2008): Diversifying Teaching in the Classroom - A Teacher's Guide to Improving Teaching and Learning Methods in Schools in the Arab World, UNESCO Regional Office, Bureau of Education for Arab Countries, Beirut.
- Nasr, Maha Salama (2014): The effectiveness of using a differentiated education strategy in developing the reading and writing skills of second-grade students in the Arabic language course, published master’s thesis, Islamic University, Gaza.
- Ministry of Education, Republic of Iraq, Secondary School System, No. 3 for the year 2011, Ministry of Education Press, Baghdad.
- Yassin, Wathiq Abdul Karim, Zainab Hamza Raji (2012): The Constructive Approach, Models and Strategies in Teaching Scientific Concepts, 1st Edition, Nour Al-Hassan Library, Baghdad, Iraq.
- Al-Yaqoubi, Haider (2013): Evaluation and Measurement in Educational and Psychological Sciences, 1st Edition, Dar Al-Kafeel for Printing and Publishing, Holy Karbala, Republic of Iraq.
- Al-Tai, Rana Ghanem Hamed Hamdi (2021): The effect of the strategy of serious creativity through e-learning platforms in the achievement of curriculum material and teaching methods among students of the Department of Geography and their attitudes towards it, Tikrit University Journal for Human Sciences, Volume (28), Issue (8) 439- 414
- Al-Hamdani, Waiting for Abdul Qadir Muhammad (2022): The effect of the directed imagination strategy on the achievement of fourth-grade students in mathematics and their analytical thinking, Tikrit University Journal for Human Sciences, Volume (29), Issue (6) 414-391.
- Piggott Andy (2002): Putting differentiation into practice in secondary science lessons, School science review, June, Vol. (83), No (305).
- Strickland, Vera (2009): Drop Out or Persist? The Influence of Differentiated Instruction and Teacher Behavior on College Freshmen and GED Students, (ph. D.), University of Southern Mississippi.