Main Article Content
Iran and Afghanistan are among the countries with regional weight and they control many of the political and security events in the region. Therefore, it is necessary to study the nature of the relationship between them and know some of its aspects. As the efforts of Iranian policy towards Afghanistan are focused on achieving several axes, including working to find a government that does not threaten its security, and the participation of the ethnicities with whom it has become culturally close to in the emerging governments, as well as the continued flow of water to Iranian territory, and Afghanistan taking a land route to cross towards Asian markets. As for Afghanistan, it seeks to build bridges of cooperation with Iran because the latter possesses means of influence in the course of regional, international and internal affairs, as well as the use of Iranian lands and ports to access global markets and get rid of Pakistan’s monopoly on this advantage. Therefore, the relationship of the two countries witnessed a remarkable development commensurate with the interests of each of them, and the relationship has also witnessed tension in some cases as a result of international influences and differing interests.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
College of Education for Humanities, TIKRIT UNIVERSITY. THIS IS AN OPEN ACCESS ARTICLE UNDER THE CC BY LICENSE http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
- قائمة بالمصادر العربية المترجمة:
- Ahmad Fadel Al-Saadi and Nagham Khoshhali, Encyclopedia of Media of the Islamic Revolution in Iran, Iraq Center for Studies, (Baghdad, 2017).
- Al-Dustour Newspaper (Jordan), 12/8/2002.
- Al-Hayat newspaper, (London), issue (12940), 8/8/1998.
- Al-Hayat newspaper, (London), issue (12973). 10/9/1998.
- Al-Ittihad Newspaper, (Abu Dhabi) Issue (8496), 15/9/1998.
- Al-Ittihad Newspaper, (Abu Dhabi) Issue (8499), 9/19/1998.
- Al-Jazeera newspaper, (Riyadh), issue (10746), 1/3/2002.
- Aseel Fadel Al-Rubaie, Afghan-Iranian Relations 1929-1973, unpublished MA thesis, Al-Mustansiriya University, College of Basic Education 2014.
- Dick Cheney, In My Time, Personal and Political Memoirs, translated by: Fadel Jaktar, Arab Book House, (Beirut, 2012).
- Ethar Anwar Muhammad Al-Bayati, The Three Immediate Circles of the Iranian Biosphere, Karbala University Scientific Journal, Volume (13), Issue (3), 2015.
- Fahmy Howaidi, The Taliban, God’s Soldiers in the Wrong Battle, Dar Al-Shorouk, (Cairo, 2001).
- George Tenet, translated by: Omar Al-Ayoubi, In the heart of the storm, the years I spent in the CIA, Arab Book House, (Beirut, 2007).
- Hassan Taha Najm, Afghanistan, Geographical Encyclopedia of the Islamic World, Volume Five, Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud Islamic University, (Saudi Arabia, 1419 AH).
- Hawazen Tariq Yousef Al-Abbasi, The War in Afghanistan and Its Repercussions on the Soviet Union 1979-1991, Unpublished Master's Thesis, College of Arts, University of Mosul, 2013.
- Katri Malekasiat and Jerry Myerly, translated by: Al-Khattabi Center for Studies, Taliban Tactics in Southern Afghanistan between 2005-2008, (Al-Khattabi Center for Studies, 2020).
- Muhammad Adel, Afghanistan and the Rise of the Taliban, (Dr., Dr. T.).
- Muhammad Fayez Farhat, Occupation and Rebuilding the State, A Comparative Study of the Cases of Japan, Afghanistan, and Iraq, Center for Arab Unity Studies, (Beirut, 2015).
- Muhammad Mahdi Raji, translated by: Muhammad Al-Attar, His Excellency the Ambassador, a dialogue with Dr. Muhammad Jawad Zarif, Awal Center for Studies and Documentation, (Beirut, 2017).
- Muhammad Sarafraz, The Taliban Movement from Rise to Fall, Dar Al-Mizan, (Beirut, 2008).
- Muhsin Thalaj Ahmad Al-Lhaibi, Iranian-Afghan relations 1973-2001, unpublished doctoral thesis, College of Arts, University of Mosul, 2021.
- Muti'ullah Tayeb, Afghanistan, the return of the Taliban and future possibilities, Al Jazeera Center for Studies, (Qatar, 2008).
- Najm Abdullah, Khatami's visit to Afghanistan confirms the consolidation of relations and the consolidation of strategic cooperation, Kuwait News Agency (KUNA), 14/8/2002.
- Prestige Ghazi, Iranian-Afghan Relations 2002-2020, Strategic Vision, Iranian Orbits Magazine, Volume (3), Issue (9), September, (Berlin, 2020).
- Seyed Ismail Yousfi, The Strategic Dimensions of US-Afghan Relations 2001-2014, Unpublished Master's Thesis, College of Arts and Sciences, Middle East University, (Jordan, 2014).
- Yousef Al-Sabatin, Afghanistan is the first victim of globalization, Osama House for Publishing and Distribution, (Amman, 2010).
- Zalmay Khalilzad, Ambassador from Kabul to the White House, My Journey into a Turbulent World, translated by Bassam Shiha and Saeed Al-Hasaniya, Arab House of Science Publishers, (Beirut, 2017)اا
-قائمة بالمصادر الفارسية المترجمة:
Abdul Hamid Mubariz, when the emergence of the Taliban was established, Hamid Noor Publication Center, (Peshawar, 1359 st.).
Ahmed Rashidi, The Taliban’s Nightmare, translated by: Kleida Irwanlu, Farhanki Foundation’s Hawaii Publications, (Tehran, 1382 St.).
Karimi Quddus, Nakahi Indirect Connection to Iran and West Dur Qarn 21, Daneshgah Political Science, (Tehran, 1393 st).
Muhammad Ali Sharif Nassab, Biography of the Nazli Taliban, Darwazeh Publishing, (Mashhad, 1385 St.).
Qadeer Nasr Meshkini, The Taliban takeover of Afghanistan and Iran's Islamic republican security, Ettilaat Sisy magazine. Economist, Shamara (135), Shahrpur 1378 St., (Tehran).
Reza Simbar and others, Rondhai, Iran district, Qabal Bahran Amniti district, Afghanistan, Fasnama Sabhrespasa, Sal (6), Shamara (21), (Baimiz, 1398 St.).
Waheed Sinani and Jawad Jamali, Iranian economic diplomat in Afghanistan and director of the differences of Abe de Kashour, Fasnnameh Mutala’a Rahbari Public Politics, session (28), Shamara (28), (Mashhad, 1397 St.).
قائمة المصادر الاجنبية:-
Angel Rasanayagum, Afghanistan a Modern History, (London, 2006).
Arash Reisinezhad The Shah Of IRAN,(University Of Denver, USA, 2019).
Arne Strand and Astri Suhrke, Afghanistan refugees in iran, (Oslo, 2014).
Barentt R. Rubin, Afghanistan from the cold war through the war on terror, (oxford university, 2013).
Bruce Koepke, Iran's Policy on Afghanistan, (Sweden, 2013).
Ellen Laipson, Engaging Iran on Afghanistan, Stimson center(Usa, 2012).
Hassan Abass, The Taliban Revival, (New Haven, 2014).
Jaun Bjerre, Iran Precarious Policies towards the afghan refugees, (Denmark, 2016).
Marcin Zabrowski, Bush's Legacy and Americans Next Foreign Policy, European Union Institute For Security Studies, 2008.
Mirwais K.Balkhi, Iran's Afghanistan Policy Post-Taliban Evaluation, Himalayan and Central Asian Studies, Vol.15, No.1-2, Jan-Jun, 2011.
Mohsen M. Milani, Iran's Policy Towards Afghanistan, East Journal, Vol. 60, No(2), Spring, 2008.
Percy Sykes, A History Of Afghanistan, VOL, 1, (London, 1940.
Roberto Toscano, Iran's Role in Afghanistan, (London, 2012).
Shahram Akbe Zadeh, Iran Foreign policy toward Afghanistan, Journal of Asian Security and international and Affairs, Vol(1), April 2014.
Shireen Hunter, Iran's Foreign Policy, (Oxford, 2011).
Tom Lansford, 9/11 and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, ABC- Clio Santana Barbara, 2012).
WWW. Aliazeera. Net/25/2/2002